Hospitable, Honorable, Compassionate-that's us!!!
Please check out the video below and read the Scripture as well. Today, we are going to consider Romans 12:9-18, which the Session recently considered at their meeting.
What does it mean for us to honor God, by loving and honoring others? How can we share and live at peace in a world such as ours, to be hospitable and charitable with those around us, even those with whom we disagree?
Let's take a look together!
After watching reflect with the following questions:
- How might I honor others and bless them in what I say, do, give, and receive as I interact with them daily?
- What does it mean for me to be diligent in seeking the Lord, and "fervent in the Spirit"?
- What are some examples in my life?
- What are some practices and sources of God's presence for me?
- How might I be hospitable, to share and bless others, even in these unique times?
- What role does humility, that is knowing what it means that Christ has saved a sinner like me, in my relationship with others?
- What does it mean for me to "associate with the humble" in my daily life?
- Do I get caught up with those who "believe they are wise in their own estimation" in what I speak, post, tweet, or think about others?
- How can I build in practices or safeguards in my thought life and everyday relationship so that I might "give careful thought to do what is honorable in everyone's eyes"?
- What does it mean to honor those with whom you disagree?
- What would it look like to place Christ above my fears, politics, personal gain...whatever comes between Christ and sharing the peace and love of knowing Him with others?
9 Let love be without hypocrisy. Detest evil; cling to what is good. 10 Love one another deeply as brothers and sisters. Take the lead in honoring one another.
11 Do not lack diligence in zeal; be fervent in the Spirit; serve the Lord. 12 Rejoice in hope; be patient in affliction; be persistent in prayer.
13 Share with the saints in their needs; pursue hospitality. 14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.
15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; weep with those who weep. 16 Live in harmony with one another.
Do not be proud; instead, associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own estimation.
17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Give careful thought to do what is honorable in everyone’s eyes.
18 If possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.
-- Romans 12:9-18 (CSB)